Just a few things I feel I need to remind myself every day, in no particular order.
1. Smile, even if you feel like breaking. It’ll help you feel better, I promise.
2. Even if it feels like the end of the world now, it really isn’t. Smile, laugh, and brush it off.
3. Seriously, everybody makes mistakes. Let it go.
4. Sometimes, it’s okay to bend the rules, if there’s a really good reason behind it.
5. It’s definitely okay to pull all-nighters every once in a while. You don’t always have to be on a strict schedule.
6. Live like you’re young, and dance like nobody is watching. This is cliche, but it’s always better to have more fun than it is to worry about how others may perceive your actions.
7. If it’s meant to be, it will be.
8. Don’t stress so much, you’ll only wear yourself down and make the people around you worry and feel bad.
9. Please don’t just think of yourself. Please. There are other people in your life. Consider them and their feelings.
10. DON’T GOSSIP OR TALK SMACK. Guaranteed, you will always feel bad about it, and you spend a lot of time worrying about if they’ll find out what you said, or if they overheard you. Just don’t. It saves you and them a lot of pain.
11. Forgive. Like I said, everybody makes mistakes, and it’s your job to understand that.
12. Be kind, and show compassion, but don’t let yourself get taken advantage of. Know the difference between kindness and usefulness.
13. Sometimes, you need to shut up. What you have to say is not always as important as you think it is. Please know when others want you to stop talking, even if they won’t say it to you.
14. If you don’t want to do something, don’t do it. It’s really that simple.
15. Spend a whole day in bed. It’s healing.
16. Watch whatever you want to, and don’t let people judge you. If you really enjoy that Korean sitcom, then you watch that Korean sitcom, regardless of how much your friends may poke fun at you.
17. Seriously don’t judge people by their appearances. We’re all human.
18. Don’t hate for no reason. If you don’t like someone “just because”, please re-evaluate.
19. Treat others how you want to be treated. Remember when this was the golden rule? Yeah, that’s still valid.
20. Everybody has a story, and everybody has a struggle. Find compassion for all of them.
21. Just listen. Seriously, if you just listen to someone, you can learn so much about them and yourself. Sometimes, people don’t need you to talk. Sometimes they just need you to listen.